Wednesday, September 19, 2007

NOTHING----THEN WHAM!

Ok, so we are going along....and nothing is happening. I check my email all the time for some news realizing it could be weeks, months..who knows? In the meantime, we have gotten word that our I600 petition had been filed.Here is a little blurb about what that is.

"To classify an alien orphan who either is, or will be, adopted by a U.S. citizen as an immediate relative of the U.S. citizen to allow the child to enter the United States. The petition is filed by the U.S. citizen who is adopting the child."

Along with that comes fingerprinting.
And we did get that appointment with homeland security! It is a small step, but a big one at the same time. We will be going to the homeland security office on 9/20 for that. We were feeling a little that things were rolling along, and I heard a few referrals being talked about on our agency blog. I knew that there were families ahead of us...so I was trying to be calm.

AND THEN.........yesterday we got the email that we have been praying for. It is a referral for two girls. I want to shout out all the info, but we can't and need to wait. We need to wait until we accept the referral... We are giving ourselves a couple of days to process, not because we have any plans to not do it, but mainly to not be crazy emotional. They seem to be a great fit. Tom is excited...I am of course excited! Tom is a wonderful balance in our family. I am ready to rush forward and do...he is more thoughtful...and so, if he is excited and positive, then I take that as a Big Ol' Green Light! As soon as we accept, we will tell you what we know about them!
WHEN we accept, we were told that it would probably be December or January for travel dates. So, I will send out another update email when we accept and also include info. We won't be able to post pictures on the internet, but I will have some printed to show around.

Oh my...This is for real!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Deb:

That is incredible to hear! I have been meaning to read through the whole blog, but I might as well start here as anywhere, since here is, well, NOW!

And OK, you can't post photos on the internet, but I hope you can e-mail something to me and Anna.

Love,

Ed

Anonymous said...

This is so very exciting!!! I am so thrilled for you all. I have been checking your blog regularly for updates and going to other websites relative to yours... I am keeping you in my prayers. Prayers for patience, understanding, wisdom and energy!! :)
Thank you for allowing all of us to share your excitement.
Much love, Shawna

Laura Leigh Photography said...

Oh my gosh, SOOOOOO exciting!!!! I hope you can give us info soon. I can't believe you're going to be going to Africa. Hope things are going well over there. We leave for India in exactly one week from today! craziness! Love you Llews!