Monday, July 09, 2007

Dossier

Well, after a few days on the Oregon Coast, we came home to a very official looking packet of papers from AAI! It is our Dossier! While it doesn't look too terrible, I don't understand some of what I need to do, so I will have to call today and ask some questions. I am going to get started today and see what I can come up with. What I really need is a notary. Hmm...I will have to do some research!

I am exicted and a little terrified. Lately I have been overcome by feelings of "We can do this" and sometimes at night, I feel like my breath is taken away with feelings of doubt. Not doubt that it won't happen or that I don't have the means to do this, but doubt that I will be a good mother to two little girls ripped from their homeland. We have things to offer, I just hope that what THEY need is what we can give. I cannot imagine the loss and grief that they are and will go through. I am afraid for them and hopeful for them, and I don't even know them!

After our homestudy, I expect that we will get to see some children via video. I can't wait....I just can't. I think that they boys will be able to feel more involved once they physically see what the children look like and can put some faces with this process.

I am reading a wonderful book called "There is No Me Without You"
I will fill in more info as I go along in the book.

No comments: